[*BCM*] World Carfree Day Critical Mass: Celebrate 2 years of Bike4Peace on September 22

Erica punkrock84 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 17:30:32 EDT 2006

***This message is being sent to you because you are a list owner or
list subscriber for a bike group on the East Coast nearish to
Washington, D.C. Please forward this message on to anyone who might be
interested, especially your e-mail lists. Thank you.***

We'd rather get around without cars than kill for oil!

Join us for a special Critical Mass in celebration of World Carfree
Day and the conclusion of year 2 of the Bike4Peace journey.

September 22, 2006
DuPont Circle
Washington, D.C.
6:00 PM

Bike4Peace is a self-supporting bicycle ride that left Everett,
Washington on August 1st and will arrive in Washington, D.C. on
September 22nd.The ride is a peaceful protest of the war and
occupation of Iraq, as well as of the consumerist, oil-based U.S.
economy and its effects on the rest of the world. In 2005, there were
three riders; this year, seven riders are completing the trip, while
two more rode for approximately half the trip. Many others have ridden
with the group for a day or two.
         Bike4Peace is collecting statements from citizens to
President Bush. We plan to read these statements in front of the White
House during our stay in Washington, D.C.

Visit www.bike4peace.org for more information about the trip to D.C.