[*BCM*] Question on bike lights

Mars martian at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 28 14:32:12 EST 2006

You'd be looking at two different types of generators. One basically
rubs against the side of your tire to spin the 'dynamo', and the other
resides inside your front hub. The basic one (that rubs against the
tire) slows you down quite a bit more than the hub one, it wears down
your tire, and it's not as efficient. The one that goes in the hub,
however, is far more expensive and will basically require getting a new
front wheel. The hub dynamo does provide much less resistance, and will
be able to light your way much better.