[*BCM*] New Bike!!!

Mars martian at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 7 09:44:13 EST 2006

They're nice bikes. A co-worker of mine picked one up off ebay (I assume
that's where you got yours) and for that price, it's great. $1000; No.
If they were to sell in a retail shop, they would go for around $500 to
$600; they're comparible to an IRO frame built up with mid-range components.

Yep, the interweb is great, but if everyone were to buy everything from
the interweb, the only people with jobs left would be dudes in their
basement running online shops who drop-ship all their merchandise so
they don't even need to pay for a warehouse, some 13 year old in China
welding these things, and the folks at UPS.

Bike shops have a pretty thin profit margin. They don't charge the
prices they charge in order to make a killing; they're just trying to
make a living and stay in business. Retail space is REALLY expensive.