[*BCM*] Re: one-way streets

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Sat May 6 12:08:07 EDT 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 12:00 PM, bostoncriticalmass-
request at bostoncriticalmass.org wrote:

> I think there are thousands of other
> places that need the "except bicycles" sign just to make it clear
> to drivers
> that if they would simply ride a bike they could be free. They would
> transcend the maze of one-way streets.

I'd like to see such a sign on every residential one-way street.
Here in Somerville, almost every one-way street is perfectly safe for
two-way bicycle traffic.  The only exceptions I'd make are Bow Street
and Somerville Avenue in Union Square, and Elm Street and Highland
Avenue in Davis Square.