[*BCM*] change comes from action, not inaction

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 17:07:15 EDT 2006

I sent an email out last night that mysteriously didn't make it. It kinda spooked me because I mentioned some folks that have died by car recently while riding their bikes.

My essential message was this:

People die.

That's why we are actively trying to change the biking climate in this city. People get maimed, injured and killed by drivers like the one that threatened Jon.

If Jon doesn't take this thing with the cop to the highest levels he can, he is not respecting those that have died at the hands of crazy drivers.

Jon has a legit complaint, and he should call the authorities with it. What is there to lose?

Answer me that. What is there to lose?

Anybody who is on here saying that someone with a legitimate complaint like his should not take it to the proper people is in my mind working against the cause of cycling advocacy and shouldn't be paid attention to.

What I mean by that it should be seen that such people are not going to be productive in the cycling advocacy movement, and they should be ignored so that we can get some real work done.

Real work comes from action, not inaction. Taking advantage of opportunities, not ignoring them.

This whole conversation has been really frustrating to watch

Check out my blog at http://www.petestidman.com .
You can read my latest stories, connect to non-commercial internet radio and browse recent stories about the media.