[*BCM*] Boston PD… no friend of a cyclist

Jon Ramos jontramos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 13:25:38 EDT 2006

A thought,

  Would anyone like to meet at the location tomorrow morning?  I should take the higher road and give him an apology... and ask for one in return.  I am looking for a civil confrontation only, NOT fuel on the fire.

  I would like to have a show of support from the bike community so that he can see that his actions affect many of us.  Anyone with me?  He is there at 8:00 am directing traffic at the intersection at Summer St and Purchase St in downtown.

  Since my language to the officer will prevent my complaint from being heard, this would be a good way to get through to at least one person.

  let me know if you are interested.
  - Jon

Jon Ramos <jontramos at yahoo.com> wrote:
    d.

  I agree, my choice of words was indeed so poor that it is likely that my story wouldn't be taken seriously.  I was acting like an asshole just as much as the cop... or almost as much.  Looking back, I shouldn't have said all that and I can only blame myself.  At the moment I was sooo angry I just lost it.  I am not usually one who gets that infuriated but even now (5 hours later I am still heated).

  I mostly wanted to share with the BCM list as a means to vent out, and I suppose to give warning.

  - Jon

  One thing I did forget to mention that further annoyed me... When the cop was moaning about how tough his job is, and that I should file to become a cop if I thought I could do better.  I said that I didn't want to be a cop, which is why I am not a cop, and that if I were to be a public servant I would be a fire fighter. (yes this is off the point, but it did get said)  His reply was something to the effect of: fire figerters are lazy and just sit around the station all day, and that their job is easy.  This just pissed me off because I have good friends that are fire fighters and their jobs are not easy.  I only bring this up because I have a lot of respect for fire fighters.

Dan Barrett <dbx at pobox.com> wrote:
  > I suggest filing the report and then calling the Mayor's office of
> Neighborhood services to follow up. The Mayor is the only way to get a
> thing done in this town, but you have to go through the regular rigamorale
> to get there. I would also call the police captain for that police
> district personally.

Did I read Jon's account incorrectly, or did he call the cop a "fucking
pig?" If he really did, I wouldn't bother following up with anything; the
entire episode is tainted by his choice of words.

d.