[*BCM*] tangential math discussion

Dimitri Kountourogianni dimitrik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 18:38:22 EDT 2006

Infinity seems both even and odd to me. Alexander must have infinitely many arms. :)

-Dimitri

Here's an infinite set: (smallest size of infinity - aleph-0)

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...

Here's that set divided into two pieces both of the same size:
1, 3, 5, 7, 9,  ...
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, ...

Here's one thing taken away from that set and then the result divided into two
equal pieces:

1

3, 5, 7, 9,  ...
2, 4, 6, 8,  ...