[*BCM*] new bike

Andrew Janjigian ajanjigian at dikaryon.org
Mon Jun 19 10:14:08 EDT 2006

My favorite LBSs (local bike shops), in no particular order:

Harris Cyclery, W. Newton
Broadway Bicycle School, Cambridge
Ace Wheelworks, Belmont/ Somerville

Broadway doesn't carry many bikes, but those they do are very nice,
and reasonably priced. Ace is good, tho the Belmont store has a much
wider selection than Somerville. Harris is excellent, especially for
lesser known bike and frame makers like Rivendell, IRO, ANT, Surly,
etc. They do a brisk mail-order business for hard-to-find parts and
accessories (especially for fixed gear and 3-speed parts), and many
non-local people I have corresponded with have expressed mild
jealousy that I live close enough to them to visit in person.

You can't go wrong with any of these shops, but I would recommend
checking out one or more before you buy, to get a sense of what is
out there.

Hope this helps
Andrew