[*BCM*] Bikes, politics, tangents, road behavior, public perception of bicyclists

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9 15:19:51 EDT 2006

Ooh, you just reminded me, I got an old Raleigh Super Course frame for sale, cool dark green color. Cheap! $50!

-Pete
woohoo!

Jeffrey Taylor <jefctaylor at hotmail.com> wrote: While I also find it annoying to have my email clogged with a discussion/sometimes flame war that I'm not involved in, nor care to be, I don't think this thread went too too far off the mark.  I don't think that this list is primarily a bicycle forum.  It's a Critical Mass forum--and while Critical Mass takes place (mostly) on bicycles, the politics and social behavior aspects of it are more important than, say, where can I find a frame to make a new fixie, or whatever.  The thread began with an article about the public perception of bicyclists--very relevant to the list.  It has drifted quite a bit, but I get the feelin that turtle is trying to refine her point, not talk about things that are irrelevant.
 Perhaps turtle would like to bring us back to: bikes, public perception of.  (Or whatever Critical Mass related issue that relates to the discussion.)  Now that we have covered so much ground it would be interesting to see if we have learned anything about Critical Mass through this discussion.
 -Jef Taylor

365 Urban Species: Click the link for a different city creature each day!http://urbpan.livejournal.com/tag/365+urban+species

Check out my blog at http://www.petestidman.com .
You can read my latest stories, connect to non-commercial internet radio and browse recent stories about the media.
http://mail.yahoo.com