[*BCM*] Be the change you want to see in the world.

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 15:55:35 EDT 2006

turtle, you play the double standard. You keep advocating for this peace, be nice, be courteous stuff, but then you turn around and pick apart everyone's opinion but your own and then you just essentially told this person to move to baghdad. That seemed to me like a veiled insult.

If you want to see change happen, it isn't always going to occur in your particular way. In fact it almost never is. You need to have flexibility and you need to occasionally listen with an open mind. That goes for a lot of people on this list, so I don't neccessarily want to single turtle out either.

A lot of you never change your position, and that is suspect. I think people could prove a thing forwards and backwards and you wouldn't consider it unless it fit into this particular worldview you seem to have adopted.

Of course I am saying big thing with limited knowledge, so I apologize if I am way off base, but I don't see a real dialogue going on here, just a stubborn debate.

-Pete

turtle <turtle at zworg.com> wrote:

Boston Critical Mass
 wrote:

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C68982.4B6226EF
>
> I think her point was a bit more the fact that if you want to act in a
> manner that sees car drivers run off the road every time you see them,
> you can hardly object (well, you CAN object, but it holds little water)
> if car drivers feel the same way towards you.  At least in the locale
> she cited, it is officially open warfare.

Yeah, I was pointing out that Iraq looks a lot like the kind of world
that you, John, described you wanted to live in - warring factions with
lots of spite and anger and violence.  Is that not what you want?

-Turtle

Check out my blog at http://www.petestidman.com .
You can read my latest stories, connect to non-commercial internet radio and browse recent stories about the media.
http://mail.yahoo.com