[*BCM*] The movement that divides us

Anne Wolfe axw at michelmores.com
Mon Jun 5 12:42:52 EDT 2006

In Amsterdam it is the pretty simple fact that the Dutch ride bikes (op
de fiets).  Everyone does.  It is easy, and it is flat, and there are
bike lanes everywhere.

As for the rest of it, there's nothing wrong with swerving to avoid
danger.  If someone honks, they honk.  It doesn't mean you have to run a
red light (when no doubt the honker will be nowhere around to see it, or
for you to point out to him "that's because of you, that is."  So the
two are just unconnected acts.

And personally, Lee, I love it when you wear the tight pants.  Don't
ever stop.