[*BCM*] The movement AGAINST cyclists

Jon Ramos jontramos at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 08:54:23 EDT 2006

I stop at red lights, look all around me, then if it is safe, I go.  The right of way should be as follows: Pedestrians, Powered wheel chairs, Cyclists, Vespas, Cars. (notice i did not mention suv's).  Pedestrians can cross streets any time they want so long as it is safe, I don't see why cyclists can't cross intersections at red lights when it is safe for everyone.

  The interview paints a picture that all cyclists blindly run red lights and aim for small children, which is just not true.  Somehow I think there is an over protective mother who's child was nearly hit by a bike, and now she must start a crusade against all cyclists to prevent it from ever happening again.  This woman needs to relax a bit.  Sometimes shit happens, and when it does it is usually because a SINGLE person made a bad decision.  And because it was a bicyclist, she thinks she can change the world.  If it were a car that nearly hit a kid, there would be no crusade, just a woman with a lawsuit against that ONE driver, not ALL car drivers.

Anne Wolfe <axw at michelmores.com> wrote:
      This piece was in the (generally left wing) Observer yesterday.  To be honest, I thought it had a lot of valid points.

  http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1788039,00.html

  The information in this email and any attachment is confidential and may contain privileged information intended for the legitimate addressee only. If you received this message in error, please reply to the author stating the error, and delete this message.
Michelmores has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this email has been swept for viruses. However, Michelmores cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.
  Michelmores, Woodwater House, Pynes Hill, Exeter, Devon EX2 5WR
Tel: 01392 688688 Fax: 01392 360563
  A list of partners may be inspected at the above address.
Also at:
Harston, Church Street, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 8LT
170 Piccadilly, London W1J 9EJ
  This firm is regulated by the Law Society for England and Wales of 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1PL
VAT No. 140992855

http://mail.yahoo.com