[*BCM*] Again... Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act 2006

John Lerner johnlernerjewelry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 09:57:01 EDT 2006

Before NOW, the last time we had a bill in the United States Senate addressing the
reduction of greenhouse emissions and pollution was in 2003. It was “The Lieberman-McCain
Climate Stewardship Act”, and while the measure failed by a vote of 43 to 55, the vote
demonstrated growing bipartisan support for a genuine climate change policy.

NOW we have the "Global Warming Pollution Reduction Act 2006", a bill that:
Will reduce greenhouse emissions to a level that is 80 percent below 1990 levels by 2050;
Provides for standards and grants for sequestration of greenhouse gases;
Requires the US to derive 20% of its electricity from renewable sources by 2020,
Establishes energy efficiency standards similar those found in California and ten other
states.

We need to have S3698 pass. Below is a record of states that went “Nay” when voting on the
2003 Lieberman-McCain Climate Stewardship Act. We need to convert the “Nays” to “Yays”.

If you know ANYONE in these states that you think might become an activist, please contact
them! They will need to network with their friends and acquaintances; they will need to
HOUND THEIR SENATORS, and if we can get this through the senate, HOUND THEIR
REPRESENTATIVES.

The states we need to reach/convert are: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, GA, ID, IL, IA, KS, KY, LA,
MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WY.
(Hey! John Edwards didn't’t vote!)

Let’s do everything we can. Let’s try and make a difference. Let’s not leave this up to
the oil financed politicians alone!

For more info look at: GreenBostonToday.blogspot.com

"Warmest" Regards,
John