[*BCM*] Nationally Syndicated radio show promotes violence toward bicycle riders

Jasun Wurster jasun at pnxcorp.com
Fri Jul 28 02:22:16 EDT 2006

My name is Jasun Wurster and I am the one of the moderators for the Critical
Mass email list here in Portland, Oregon  ( pdxcriticalmass at lists.riseup.net
). I was wondering if you could let your fellow riders know about this radio
show promoting violence towards people on bicycles tomorrow.

Also could you help me get this info out to as many bike clubs in your area. I
have a flier that is on the website below that I am going to pass out at our
Critical Mass this month and could really use the help from everyone to put
some serous pressure on this radio station by printing some out and giving to
your local cyclists.

http://web.pdx.edu/~jasun/haters/index.html

Thanks!

jasun

Here is the lowdown:

Nationally Syndicated radio show promotes violence toward bicycle riders

On July the 13th 2006, multiple cyclists heard nationally syndicated radio
show host PK of the Playhouse make repeated request for his listeners to call
him and tell on-air about how they have perform acts of violence to cyclist
while driving. The show originates from the studios of KXJM in Portland,
Oregon and is broadcast in 12 national markets. Mysteriously, the Internet
archive of the show has been removed and the radio station is refusing to make
it available to us to hear and give to the FCC. Here in Portland, Oregon there
has been an increase of reports of drivers harassing and throwing stuff at
cyclists since the broadcast. More information about how you can help us and
the cyclists threatened in the 12 other markets is available at:

http://web.pdx.edu/~jasun/haters/index.html