[*BCM*] "Your legs were astounding."

Tom Revay trevay at massbike.org
Fri Jul 21 08:34:51 EDT 2006

On 7/21/2006 at 1:48 AM Jym Dyer wrote:

>http://boston.craigslist.org/mis/183379413.html
>
>Cyclist Near Minuteman in Lexington on Cervelo Bike - w4m - 32
>
>Reply to: pers-183379413 at craigslist.org
>Date: 2006-07-18, 12:45PM EDT
>
>I saw you riding down Mass Ave this morning at around 10 AM...
>You were wearing a blue jersey and riding a Cervelo with blue
>handlebar tape. Your legs were astounding. I just had to get
>that off my chest. Made my day!

That's pretty funny.  Cyclists' tastes are a bit outside the mainstream, aren't they?

I like to tell a story about meeting and chatting with two women I met near the Malvern Hill Civil War battle site just east of Richmond, Virginia, several years ago.  They were traveling down the east coast, while I was turning west on the Transamerica Trail.

One had a Waterford touring bike, bran'spankin'new, green and shiny.  The other had a vintage Miyata 1000, which Sheldon "Knows His Stuff" Brown said was the best stock touring bike ever made.  I was riding its little brother, the Miyata 615GT, which is now my fixed gear commuter.

We had a chat, and y'know what?  They were just flippin' gorgeous!  I mean it, I was -drooling- just looking at the pair of them!

And the women were nice looking, too.

Tom Revay
Happily married since 1990. 8-)