[*BCM*] [Jun-2006] "Any Boston pirates riding CM Today?"

BikePirates (via Jym Dyer) jym at econet.org
Sun Jul 2 21:42:37 EDT 2006

http://community.livejournal.com/bikepirates/2222839.html

akahn (alexander kahn) @ 2006-06-30 16:49:00

Any Boston pirates riding CM today? I'll be there on my blue and
white Club Fuji. Say hi.

rosiewoodboat @ 2006-06-30 08:59 pm UTC

Mais oui!

srl @ 2006-06-30 09:07 pm UTC

Arrrrr, but I won't be there today. Have a blast.

karmaportrait @ 2006-07-01 12:29 am UTC

i rode for a bit... when i went through harvard later there were
some police cars, a tow truck and some kids on bikes just past
the pit. related to the ride?

  akahn @ 2006-07-01 01:15 am UTC

  Dunno about the kids on bikes. The cops were assisting a broken
  down car. There was basically 0 police problems.

    rosiewoodboat @ 2006-07-01 01:26 am UTC

    Except for the off-duty cop in a car who went balistic on me
    and another guy.

      akahn @ 2006-07-01 01:31 am UTC

      Yeah, that shit was stupid.

  gytterberg @ 2006-07-01 01:33 am UTC

  Nah. They were begrudging but friendly enough.

  There was one lone bike cop on Mass Ave near Central who
  decided to throw himself in front of one woman though, to
  "stop" her. He let go of her bike when some other dude went
  ballistic on him, and grabbed onto his bike. They were really
  wrestling with each other for 5 or 10 seconds. I was sure
  somebody was going to get maced at the very least.

  The cop calmed down and gave up when he noticed there were 75
  or so unsympathetic bikers surrounding him.

  I have no idea why this jerk singled that woman out. (She was
  even wearing a helmet, though I know they can't stop you for
  that.) Or what he thought was going to happen afterwards.