[*BCM*] MassBike Mid-January Update

Dorie Clark bikexec at massbike.org
Wed Jan 18 17:30:39 EST 2006

MassBike Mid-January Update

Take a Free MassBike Bicycling Skills Class: Thursday, Feb. 2

Want to learn how to ride your bike more safely and confidently in traffic?
Come to a free, off-bike presentation of our “Introduction to Bicycling
Safety” class taught by MassBike’s League Cycling Instructors. No matter how
experienced you are, these tips will help sharpen your game. This is also
perfect for beginners, so bring your friends! The first of our off-bike
classes this season will take place on Thursday, Feb. 2 from 6:30-9:30 p.m.
in Arlington. This class is a pre-requisite for MassBike’s on-bike Bicycling
101 class. For more information or to RSVP, email bikeinfo at massbike.org.

Click here to learn more about our Bicycling Skills classes

http://www.massbike.org/skills/classes.htm

MassBike Presentation by Cycling Expert John Allen: Thursday, Feb. 9

Join MassBike at the West End Branch Library in Boston (151 Cambridge

Street, near the Charles/MGH T stop) on Thursday, Feb. 9 for an evening of
bicycling-related presentations hosted by MassBike board member John Allen,
author of "Bicycling Street Smarts." John will speak about his time as a
juror at the Taiwan International Bicycle Design Competition and will
introduce Lynette Chiang's bicycling film "16,000 Feet on a Friday." From
6:00-8:00 p.m., free and open to the public.

MassBike-MetroBoston Chapter Meeting: Wed., Jan. 25

Come to the next MetroBoston chapter meeting and discuss the upcoming path
cleanup, overall DCR maintenance concerns, and some actions we might take on
that front.  Location: Boston University, College of Arts and Sciences, 725
Commonwealth Ave., room 502. Time: 6:30 p.m.
Closest T stop is BU Central; closest access to the bike path is the Bay
State Road overpass. Bike racks are in front along Comm Ave.

Questions? Email cporter at camsys.com

Become a League Cycling Instructor: Friday, April 28-Sunday, April 30

This intensive training, which takes place from Friday, April 28-Sunday,
April 30 in Waltham and is sponsored by the League of American Bicyclists
(LAB), is for experienced cyclists who would like to become League Cycling
Instructors. This certifies you to teach bicycling skills classes on your
own, or for MassBike. The course fee is $175 (payable to LAB) and the
registration deadline is Friday, March 17. Prerequisites include MassBike's
Intro to Bicycling Safety plus Bicycling 101 and/or 201 (see first item in
this email). For more information, please email bikeinfo at massbike.org.

Click here for details on our Bicycling Skills classes and the LCI training
(scroll down to April listing)

http://www.massbike.org/skills/classes.htm

Intern for MassBike

Do you care about the environment, transportation issues, and health?
MassBike, Massachusetts' statewide bicycling advocacy organization, is
seeking interns for a substantive, meaningful experience. Whether you are a
college or graduate student, retiree, or professional who is taking time off
work and looking to build new skills, MassBike has a role for you. Our
internships are unpaid, but we are committed to ensuring that our interns
take on critical projects and develop professional skills. Full-time interns
are preferred and college credit is available, but even one day a week helps
MassBike—the more time you are able to commit, the better the learning
experience. Internships are available in Fundraising, Communications, and
Advocacy. Please send a resume and cover letter to bikeinfo at massbike.org.

Join MassBike

If you care about bicycling advocacy, you should be a MassBike member. All
year round, we are working across the state to improve bicycling conditions.
Whether you’re a commuter, recreational rider, or mountain biker, MassBike’s
advocacy efforts help make riding safer and better for you. Please join your
voice with 1700 other Bay State residents and become a member. We truly
appreciate it.

Click here to join MassBike

http://www.active.com/donations/campaign_public.cfm?key=massbike&CFID=749359
3&CFTOKEN=34423737