[*BCM*] Donations for Domain Name?

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed Jan 18 11:03:33 EST 2006

Hi All:

I've been hosting and paying for the registration of bostoncriticalmass.org
for six years now. I am happy to continue to donating free hosting
space/services/bandwidth on my ISP, but I am paying approximately $15/year
out of pocket for the domain name registration. I am wondering if anyone on
this list would like to make a small donation to help cover the domain name
registration?

Here's my proposal: I will register for as many years as I receive funds
for. 100% of donations will go directly to the registration. If I receive
more than a multiple of 15, I will make up the difference to the next
multiple.  E.g., if I receive $35, I will chip in the remaining $10 out of
pocket to make $45 or three years of registration.  If I receive less than
$15, I will of course continue to pay for the domain name registration and
renew it for one more year (it expires in March currently).

The easiest way to contribute is with PayPal. If you have a PayPal account
linked to your checking account (or with a balance in it), you can send as
little as $1 with no fees taken out. So to make up one year registration,
just 15 people have to send me $1! It's that easy.

So there's my pitch. Don't feel bad about just contributing $1 -- if
everyone on this list send $1, that would get us more than 20 years
registration!

You can use this address for PayPal payments.

I will send an update in a month reporting any donations received and how
long the domain name has been renewed for.

Adam