[*BCM*] Bike Shops

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Thu Aug 17 12:34:42 EDT 2006

Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:

> Turtle,
> You going to ride on the 25th?
> Can you make some signs?
>
> "No more CO2"
>
> "Two Wheels Good
> Four Wheels Bad"
>
> "SUV's SUCK"
>
> "Stop Global Warming"
>
> And any other ideas????

No, sorry, I don't ride in CM anymore.  I realized that the atmosphere
was way too aggressive and antagonistic for my purpose.

I might, however, suggest a sign that says, "Bicycle: the original SUV"
or maybe "Slower is sexier".  I'd recommend avoiding the "four wheels
bad" slogan, since I don't think you really mean that (my bike has four
wheels, since I've got a trailer, do you really think my vehicle is
bad?) and it's adding to the negativity that's already so prevalent on
the roads.  My motto is: More Fun, More Sustainability, More Love.

Peace, Love, and Bicycles,
Turtle

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us 'universe,' a part
limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and
feelings, as something separate from the rest -- a kind of optical
delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for
us, restricting us to our personal decisions and to affection fo a few
persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this
prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
creatures and the whole nature in its beauty."

~Albert Einstein