[*BCM*] Are Fixies Illegal?

Jim Leonard vleonard at infinet.com
Fri Aug 11 17:03:12 EDT 2006

Note that this is in a) in oregon where the requirements are different
(and absurd, being able to skid is meaningless, If I grease my tires I can
get just about anything to skid) b) this person didn't have any "brakes"
on the bicycle at all other than being able to stop the fixie by pushing
backwards on the pedals.

Fixies, especially with one or two standard brakes, are perfectly legal.

-- jim