[*BCM*] More for the now international Critical Mass Action on August 25

Emily Hornback azriels.wings at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 15:27:28 EDT 2006

Hey Derek,

Just wanted to pass on some updates on the continent
wide Critical Mass for Climate Justice on Hurricane
Katrina's anniversary. Things are shaping up really
well. Here's some exciting updates!

1. The Beehive Collective is getting involved in
climate change artwork and has produced a graphic for
this event! Check it out here.

We're wondering if folks would be interested in
getting a canvas banner printed for the mass, perhaps
using this design???

We got a sweet deal on printing, and may even be able
to help with some of the $$. Please contact us ASAP if
you are interested - printing needs to get worked out
ASAP.

2. Would you like to talk to reporters in your town
about this events? The more "local angle", the more
likely the media will cover the Katrina anniversary in
your town. Let's make sure people connect the dots
between global warming and climate change!

Please contact us if you are down to talk to reporters
in your city!

3. At least 14 cities are now participating in the
Katrina Anniversary Mass, with new cities joining up
almost everyday. So far Asheville, North Carolina;
Boston, Massachusetts; Chicago, Illinois; Edmonton,
Alberta; Fort Collins, Colorado; Gothenburg, Sweden;
Lewiston, Maine; New York City, New York; Ottawa,
Ontario; Portland, Oregon; San Francisco, California;
Tallahassee, Florida; Toronto, Ontario; and Winnipeg,
Manitoba are on board.

Do you know of another city that may want to
participate? Or want to help with cross-continent
outreach? Please let us know...

4. Rising Tide's website for the event
www.RisingTideNorthAmerica.org/katrina/ has been
totally overhauled, and has lots of updates, including
new flyers and handbills, background information, etc.
Check it out. Pass on the link!

Great!! thanks everybody!

contact katrina at RisingTideNorthAmerica.org if you need
anything!

Beta.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42241/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/handraisers>