[*BCM*] Nation Wide Critical Mass Call to Action

Martha Fischhoff mfischhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 08:49:30 EDT 2006

On 8/1/06, Timothy OLoughlin <cheapbike at verizon.net> wrote:
> Katrina was environmental Racism???

Obviously the Hurricane itself was not acting out a socially
constructed hierarchy. I think its fair to say that it revealed
racism, enviornmental and otherwise, in a way that was appalling.  The
Social Science Research Council has put together a wonderful
collection of articles about Katrina, some of which answer that very
question.  The website is here: http://understandingkatrina.ssrc.org/

Sorry for the list clutter.