[*BCM*] Reminder: MassBike Day at Petsi Pie, THIS FRIDAY Apr. 28

rob levy r.p.levy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:07:42 EDT 2006

Last time (I think it was the same person who organized this party, w/r/t
Time's Up) I think the mass  went really fast in the opposite direction up
Huntington Av instead of to this benefit thing.  The reason for that was
someone in a car being a jerk and then someone responding by chasing him.
Then the mass or what was left of it (a pretty large group if I remember)
followed him for no good reason I could see.  But that's what happened.  The
person whose name I don't know who goes by the Anarchist Rabbi email tried
to divert people to the benefit party but it was too late because things
were already moving in the opposite direction.

Another observation: Sometimes hardcore bicyclists complain when people ride
off to the side of the road instead of the middle.  Common sense as well as
the scientific study of perception shows that a *moving/changing* stimulus
is way more noticeable and visible (the eyes cognitively grab at changing
things first).  This is especially true if the motion constitutes new or
unexpected visual information.  Which vindicates my tendency to swerve from
the middle to the side in sort of a wavy line.  I refuse to be invisible! Ha
ha.

Rob