[*BCM*] Scattered Thoughts on Massbike, Police, and Class

Paul Schimek schimek at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 30 18:10:21 EDT 2005

Mr. Contra El Olvido is almost correct. Actually, MassBike is hoping that by
getting the police to enforce the law, we will reveal the inherent
repressiveness of state power directed at ordinary working folks. With this
contradiction revealed, more people will participate in anti-hegemonic
events such as Critical Mass. We know that mass crackdowns are the only way
to raise popular consciousness of bicycling issues. With the coming collapse
of the global-corporate oil-dominated system, such mass demonstrations will
begin to take on state-changing, revolutionary dimensions, forcing yet
further repression but ultimately leading to the collapse of the bourgeois
state. For an example of this sendero luminoso, see
http://massbike.org/police/mpg/enforce2.mpg (or MP4 version here
http://massbike.org/police/MP4/Enforce2.mp4).

--Paul Schimek