[*BCM*] Request for endorsement and/or participation in Oct. 29th Coalition next planning meeting

ramsey at simmons.edu ramsey at simmons.edu
Sun Sep 11 16:01:55 EDT 2005

Dear Boston Critical Mass,

My name is Joe Ramsey and I am writing to you on behalf of the Outreach
Committee for the October 29th Coalition, a democratic and inclusive group of
local activists and organizers in the Boston area, who have been working over
the summer to build a massive anti-war demonstration in the city this fall, on
October 29th.  It is the hopes of this coalition to involve as many activist
groups and networks as possible in building for this demonstration, so as to
bring the broadest, most dramatic, and most diverse array of anti-war sentiment
into the streets of Boston on the weekend of O29 against the war and its
makers.

In that spirit, I write to you, both to welcome your group and your individual
members to participate in our weekly planning meetings (to which all of our
committees--including the permit committee and the speakers committee--
report), as well as to request official endorsement for the rally and march on
O29.  Info about our next meeting is attached below.  All are welcome to attend.

At present demands for the rally and march include: "Bring the Troops Home Now!
End the Occupation of Iraq!"  "Fund Human Needs, Not War!" and "Military
Recruiters out of our schools!" (an additional demand directly responding to
the catastrophe of Hurricane Katrina and the government's relating to that
situation seems likely as well).

To read the official call for the demonstration, and to read the growing list of
endorsers, please see our website at www.oct29.org.  With any questions please
feel free to email me, or to call me at 978-828-9320.

I hope that this email request reaches your organization in time for your
members to consider officially endorsing or otherwise helping to organize and
to build for the O29th demo.  It would be great to have Boston Critical Mass'
support and/or participation for this event, in whatever way possible.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely and in solidarity,
Joe Ramsey
Tufts Coalition to Oppose the War in Iraq
Davis Square End the War Coalition
Oct. 29th Coalition

NEXT O29 PLANNING MEETING:
Thursday, September 15th, 6:00 PM
33 Harrison Avenue, 4th Floor, Boston
Mass Global Action office
Two blocks from the Chinatown T stop on the Orange Line

End the Occupation of Iraq! Bring the Troops Home Now!
Fund Human Needs- Not War!
Military Recruiters Out of Our Schools!

Plans are being made to organize a massive March and Rally on Boston
Common on October 29th, 2005 to End the Occupation of Iraq! On July 31st
a broad coalition of antiwar, youth, and community organizations was
formed, the October 29th Coalition. We encourage all antiwar
organizations, youth, other groups in the community, and all those in
the
region who want to organize to stop this criminal war of conquest to
join
with us at our next planning meeting.

Join us in planning this action and in organizing a broad outreach
campaign.
The challenge before us is to unite, plan, and then mobilize our
opposition
into a strong mass movement that can turn millions more against the war
and
fight for a social policy that serves human needs- not conquest,
occupation,
and domination.

Please visit our web site: www.oct29.org or call (617)338-9966 Option 5
Email: info at oct29.org