[*BCM*] Why Bike Lanes Suck

Marq Maru daiglodesign at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 19:39:27 EDT 2005

Almost all bike-lanes are set up between parking and traffic.  We're not
terribly worried about the traffic.  That, we can deal with.  The problem is
that the entire bike lane is in the "dooring-area", "door-zone",
"kill-zone".  Even if you take cars out of the equation, who's more
dangerous to bikes than pedestrians?  Just about every pedestrain puts one
foot in the road before they look.  Bike lanes are a death trap, period.