[*BCM*] direct action idea for anyone avail 10/28 11 AM

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 18:15:33 EDT 2005

I just thought it might be cool if someone went down
to the normally placid event below on their bikes and
started shouting "Where's our bike lane!" real loud.

Other people on this list can give more details but
orignally the rose kennedy included an onstreet bike
lane, but it got cut out early on, like every bike
lane ever, including the recent huntington ave one.

The mayor loves doing these things, but since he let
us down maybe somebody should let him know.
Unfortunately I have to work and I can't ride anyway
cuz I just got nailed by a car AGAIN!   (I'm OK
though, just achey)

Public Schedule of Mayor Thomas M. Menino
Friday, October 28, 2005

11:00 a.m.                   Rose Kennedy Greenway
Streetscape Tree Planting Kick-off
North Street, between Blackstone Street and Surface
Road, Boston

Mayor Menino will join Mass. Turnpike Authority Chair
Amorello to plant the first trees on the Rose Kennedy
Greenway. Please contact Turnpike Authority to attend:
617-248-2859.

PS remember that this is a PHOTO OP, so staying behind
Menino with signs at all times would help the cause.

YAY!

-Pete