[*BCM*] SOUNDBIKE by Jessica Thompson @ GLOWLAB OPEN LAB, Art Interactive, Cambridge

Jessica Thompson jessicathompson at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 10 22:07:01 EDT 2005

Hi, Everyone;

Thanks again to all of you who expressed interest in my project and offered
advice about leading a bike ride in Cambridge.

I am writing again to invite you to join us this Friday at Art Interactive
for the opening of GLOWLAB: OPEN LAB, where I will be showing my newly
finished audio piece, soundbike.  I will be also be running a sound workshop
on Saturday October 15 from 2 ­ 5 pm.  This should be lots of fun and after
the workshop, we will be riding around Cambridge making lots of noise.
(special thanks to Jeff Rosenblum for donating the route)

If you would like to volunteer to ride along with the group, please give me
a call at 416-662-6031, and I hope to meet some of you later on in the week.

Cheers,
Jessica

Here¹s the info on the show:

SOUNDBIKE
Jessica Thompson

Presented as part of
GLOWLAB: OPEN LAB
A nine-week psychogeography festival and exhibition at Art Interactive
(www.glowlab.com)
October 14, 2005 ­ December 11, 2005

ART INTERACTIVE
130 Bishop Allen Drive   Cambridge, MA, 02139
http://www.artinteractive.org

Gallery hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 12 ­ 6PM and by appointment
Opening Reception: Friday, October 14, 6PM ­ 9PM

SOUNDBIKE is a portable sound piece that uses motion-based mini-generators
mounted to an ordinary bicycle to broadcast the sound of laughter as the
bike moves through the urban environment.  The laughter is generated by
playing sequences of short source clips that respond to the bike¹s velocity.

SOUNDBIKE OPEN LAB
Saturday October 15  2 - 5 PM
Soundride starts 5 PM

As part of her residency, the artist will be facilitating a soundbike Open
Lab on Saturday, October 15 at Art Interactive.  Members of the public are
invited to bring bikes and noisemakers and for an afternoon of collaborative
tinkering followed by a group soundride in the Cambridge area.

Special thanks to Glowlab, Art Interactive, Dave Kemp, Quadbikes, Pascal
Paquette and Creative Visual Solutions.
SOUNDBIKE was produced with the support of the City of Toronto through the
Toronto Arts Council.
Jessica Thompson is represented by p|m Gallery in Toronto (www.pmgallery.ca).