[*BCM*] riding

contraelolvido at riseup.net contraelolvido at riseup.net
Mon Oct 3 23:12:01 EDT 2005

>So the poor will stop this lousy behaviour more quickly, no? Quadruple!

This is exactly the kind of classist bullshit Massbike is famous for. By
imposing 'equal' incentive on two very unequal people (working class and
middle class bikers respectively) the effects are counter productive. To
middle class bikers the ticket is a nusiance at worst - and most likely if
they're respectable looking they only get a warning.

When the ticket targets working class people or simply folks who don't
have disposable money, it can be devestating financially. Case in point,
if I had actually been forced to pay my ticket (I was ticketed but let off
because 'it was my birthday') that would have been ALL of my food budget
for the entire week.

Sigh. Same old bullshit from middle class liberals who think that they can
use their privelege in society to impose rules that adversly effect the
poor (and in central sq. predominantly people of color), since of course,
Mr. Lee Peters knows best.

Oh, and Turtle, as far as how Massbike could support CM? Possibly not
trashing it constantly in open forums and legistlating for laws that make
critical mass-ing a criminal offense.