[*BCM*] Scattered Thoughts on Massbike, Police, and Class

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 16:42:15 EDT 2005

Well aware of the Boston Chapter, I went ot one of the
first meetings, where I heard critical masser's
berated by John Allen.  I also noted a distinct lack
of younger and female persons.

Don't know if it's still quite that bad, and like I
said I hate to criticize when I am not involved, but
let's not try to paint everything white.  At least we
can be honest and admit a few shortcomings on this
list.  Dialogue is pretty much impossible if people
keep putting up a front, and I think it's a sign of
disrespect, a way to keep folks on this list from
having any input into the way you're personally
thinking about bike advocacy.

admitting a weakness here might be the first step
towards solving it.  I am out on a limb however.  Only
reason I react to this is that Tom's post seems to
deny the point I was trying to make.

-Pete