[*BCM*] riding

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Sun Oct 2 11:26:59 EDT 2005

"The US government has also done its part to promote a more bicycle-friendly
environment. Some 3.5 million dollars in federal money has been set aside to
create cycling trails over the next four years."

Calling this government action "doing its part" is commentary.  And you are
right to say this is a 'little'.

So, it surprises me that the European model of bike lane delineation is not
the ideal according to members of the list.  Having ridden there, I never
felt safer on a bike.  Yet, some claim there are more accidents in a place
like Amsterdam.  The lanes there are nothing like the death traps of the
Southwest Corridor, or Central Square Cambridge.