[*BCM*] [Fwd: [bostonanarchists] critical mass accident]

contraelolvido at riseup.net contraelolvido at riseup.net
Sat Oct 1 14:16:04 EDT 2005

Subject: [bostonanarchists] critical mass accident
From:    "William Budington" <legind at riseup.net>
Date:    Sat, October 1, 2005 2:07 pm
To:      bostonanarchists at lists.riseup.net

hey, can someone fwd this to the critical mass list?

Hello there,

Yesterday, during the Critical Mass bike ride, upwards of 400 bikers
turned onto B street in South Boston.  I was towards the back of the
crowd, so at approximately 7:20pm I saw a cab driver trying to ram his
vehicle through the bikers, acting very aggressively.  Naturally, I
didn't want anyone to get hurt by him so I rode up in front of him and
stopped his Taxi.  It was at that point when I heard a loud *CRUNCH* in
back of me.  The driver had hit my bike and totalled the back wheel.  If
it wasn't for the suspension on my bike I could be seriously injured
right now.  The car's license plate number is 20475, of Independent Cab
company.  I just wanted to alert the community about this, and ask that
anyone who has photographs or video of the incident e-mail me back.  I've
left a message for the national lawyers guild, and I'll file a  police
report about it today.  If anyone has a lawyer that would be  willing to
take up a case like this for free, please give me a call: ###-###-#### or
e-mail me.  It's typical for cars to disrespect bikes and to  block bike
traffic, but the danger they pose for bikers something that  everyone
should be aware and take precautions against.

Solidarity forever,
Bill

--
In short, Anarchism means a condition of society where all men and women
are free, and where all enjoy equally the benefits of an ordered and