[*BCM*] drinking on the mass

puppy towhombeautyistruth at riseup.net
Fri Nov 4 15:56:02 EST 2005

.in all seriousness, i don't mind people drinking whenever they want as
long as they are not making anyone's life more difficult  .in the case of
open containers in public with minors present, blatant disrespect for the
environment and the operation of a moving vehicle, albeit a non motorized
one, i find that making some lives more difficult  .last mass someone
threw a beer can in the back of someone's pickup right in front of me so i
stopped and apologized to that person on behalf of myself and not the
group because we can't dictate how the entire group is going to act  .he
said he didn't mind much but he appreciated that i stopped to talk with
him about what had happened

.as far as anarchism is concerned, acting with mutual aid and census in
mind, people do have the ability and the right to come to a critical mass
drunk, drink some more during the mass, throw their empties wherever they
please and then end up at the bar that night with the few of them that are
actually over 21  .by this same principal, i can intercept these people
and advise them otherwise to be in the best interest of the ENTIRE group
and not the FEW  .hopefully they will be up for the discussion because i
will make it clear how i feel

.i would like to make one thing understood  .i'm not trying to control any
one person or any group of people, rather i'm asking people to be
considerate of other people  .i am one of a number of people, drinkers and
non-drinkers, that are troubled by this