[*BCM*] biking to philly to resist biotech

rkorobki at haverford.edu rkorobki at haverford.edu
Sat May 28 03:14:20 EDT 2005

hey everybody,

i had a lot of fun in the ride today.  there's a big protest of
biotechnology companies in philadelphia from june 19th to june 22.  i'm
interested in riding my bike down and participating, and i was wondering
if anybody is interested in coming with me as none of my friends from
home are though some are driving down and will meet me there.

there's plenty of good information on the internet about the events that
will be held in the four days of the event and the main website for the
event is www.biodev.org.  it looks like there should be a ton of great
speakers and actions going on as well as the 25th anniversary of food not
bombs, which should be a blast.  i go to haverford college which is very
close to philadelphia and a bunch of my friends stayed on campus and can
easily put us up for the days of the action.

the ride is about 300 miles, and i plan to take about a week to do it and
leave on saturday the 11th or sunday the 12th. i'm still working on
putting together a route, but i feel pretty confidant that the trip
should be possible.  i'm planning on doing the trip on a small budget
with bits of dumpster diving and sleeping outside in rural areas to make
ends meet.  i can't really take more than two weeks off of my internship
though, so i think i'll put my bike on a bus or get a ride with one of my
friends who are driving down to go home.

if anybody is interested in coming, you can reply to this e-mail at
rkorobki at haverford.edu or call my cell at 617-733-1780.  it's a big
adventure to embark on with somebody you don't know that well, but i'm
happy to ride with anybody who's interested.  hope everybody's doing well
and enjoyed the ride today.

solidarity
rob korobkin