[*BCM*] Critical Mass gets dissed by the courts.

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Thu Mar 10 20:44:36 EST 2005

>In light of this, I propose a CM ride (and I'll really try to join it!)
>where we specifically OBEY this rediculous and discriminatory law.
>We'd need a large group to make an impact.  And we'd need to make this
>a big media event, with a clear message of what we were doing and why.
>And it would need to be done in Cambridge (where the case was heard)...
>preferably near the courthouse and police station.

This sounds like a great idea.--

--couple things:
-If you try and lead the normal CM to your special Cambridge ride, it
will not be single file.  Now you can try to control it with a flier,
but I worry you will be dissappointed.

-You may like to use this list to solicit the CM'ers on the list to come
join you on a day other than the last Friday.  I imagine many will join
you.  If you make contact through the list, it is a convenient way to
set up the rules of the demonstration.  Remember, many of the regular
CM'ers don't monitor this list.

-You may include in your guidelines for this special Cambridge ride that
riders that don't get caught at a traffic light will have to wait for
the rest of the group to join.

I really hope you do this, and will try to get all my biker buds out,
even the ones that have rejected CM.