[*BCM*] Critical Mass gets dissed by the courts.

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 10:55:43 EST 2005

What I want to know is at what point was it ever in doubt that this
guy did NOT have the right to bike on Mem Drive???????

As for the slant of CM from teh defense, I found the characterization
of CM by the side of teh cyclist (as previously reported here and in
the Globe probablyl did more to give the defense something to rail
against than if it hadn't been so catetorized.  The party bringing the
suit says "CM is a great peaceful organization dedicated to bike
advocacy"  then the defense gets to say "they block all the lanes and
tie up traffic" - makes CM look bad, particularly when they can't
argue that they DON"T tie up traffic and block all the lanes.

CM feels it is their right to do this, and if they do, then it is
their right to so believe.  But if they're going to go to civil
disobedience against laws they know exist but feel are unjust, then
fine.  That's how change happens, but inthe meantime if you're going
to break it to protest it, you're going to have to suffer the
consequences until change happens.