[*BCM*] anarchist summit needs 5min cm presentation

Matthew Arcidy marcidy at cs.bu.edu
Tue Mar 8 16:44:40 EST 2005

Alright, I'm going to reply to everyone since everyone flipped out at me.

First of all:
empower   Audio pronunciation of "empower" ( P )  Pronunciation Key
(m-pour)
tr.v. empowered, empowering, empowers

   1. To invest with power, especially legal power or official
authority. See Synonyms at authorize.

Second of all:
I've read plenty about anarchism because I was interested in it.  I
understand it, but realized that we do not yet possess the technology to
make it happen.  People will disagree with me here, this is not my
point.  My point is, if you're going to use terms, use them correctly or
your going to get someone like me who thinks that you don't know what
you're talking about.  What was said is that you wanted to be empowered,
felt empowered, etc, whatever.  To me, that means you are taking it upon
yourself to make decions for me, to speak for me.  So you tell me if I
don't understand it.  Maybe I'm wrong, maybe anarchy is all about thinking
I'm free instead of being it.

Third of all:
My arguemnts were abstract and I applied situations to generalized
structures to make a general point.  That is how it's done.  It's call
philosophy by some people.  I provided counter examples to where people
were stating beliefs for facts.  It's called rhetoric.

Fourth, and most importantly, the arguement was started when I called
someone an asshat for thinking that he was somehow above the law.  We made
it though the parade crap, we made it through the law breaking crap, and
now we're debating something else entirely, if at all.  Look at how angry
and empassioned you are at someone who disagrees with you.  This is the
attitude that comes out during the mass.  This is the self-reinforcing
procedure that I'm talking about.  I've explained it in previous emails,
and I'm giving you a concrete example right now of the phenomenon.  I can
continue making some of you angry.  This is the anger you feel when you
are cut off, and yet you maintain that you are allowed to cut people
off?  I'm sorry, where do you get off thinking that?

Why can't you people suck it up and do something good for the cause
instead of hurting it?  You think I dont know you, that I don't know what
it's all about.  You think that the peace that you feel AT OTHER'S EXPENSE
is costless.  You claim that the arger you create is somehow different
than the anger that you feel inside when you are in the minority.

Stop creating situations of injustice if you truly beleive you are
anarchist.

-Matt