[*BCM*] Solidarity Rides, Not Critical Mass

Jon Niehof jon_niehof at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 7 19:58:35 EST 2005

> Another idea: a Solidarity Ride on Memorial Drive and maybe
> the Columbus/Tremont Speedway in honor of Peter Rowinsky and
> Scott Jenney and all other bicyclists who have been arrested
> for the crime of riding a bicycle where it is legal to ride.

Excellent idea, Paul; I'd certainly join that. (Aside: I have
been meaning to come out and join the Mass sometime, just for
firsthand experience and judgement. I promise to redouble my
efforts).

Maybe some CM'ers would like to pick this one up and organize it
locally:
http://www.rideofsilence.org/
if you're looking for a slow, legally-abiding ride that has the
potential to send a powerful message. I simply don't have the
time to organize it myself.