[*BCM*] Why _I_ ride in CM

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Sun Mar 6 12:18:51 EST 2005

I haven't had the chance to ride too often, but I select:

> • Protesting (by mere presence on the streets) policies that
> encourage automobile use.
> • Demonstrating (in a positive way) that biking is a fun, healthy,
> social, and more efficient/convenient way to travel.
> • Protection!  Same reason small fish swim in schools.

As well as...
 * Touring other parts of the city I wouldn't ever travel to on my own, thereby
expanding my sense of local community.
 * Exercise.  While I'm not getting my heart rate up, I am burning calories and
moving my body, helping to keep me liber and loose.
 * Peoplewatching.  There's tons of interesting characters in CM, and there are
tons of interesting characters reacting to CM.  Entertaining, educational, and
informative!

Thomas John Vitolo
Ph D Systems Engineering Candidate,
Boston University

Support a few technologists in Washington.  Go to:
http://actblue.com/list/stomv