[*BCM*] Why do you ride in CM?

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Sun Mar 6 09:38:49 EST 2005

Ok, another question for those who LIKE riding in Critical Mass:

When you choose to participate in Critical Mass rides what is your
PRIMARY motivating philosophy?

• Protesting (using civil disobedience) specific laws that I see as
discriminating against bicyclists.
• Protesting (by mere presence on the streets) policies that encourage
automobile use.
• Demonstrating (in a positive way) that biking is a fun, healthy,
social, and more efficient/convenient way to travel.
• Hanging out with my friends and partying!
• Protection!  Same reason small fish swim in schools.
• Revenge...  "Two wheels good!  Four wheels bad!"
• I like to be the center of attention!  (See my purple hair and/or my
couch-bike!)
• It's the best way to cruise for chicks/guys.
• I never really thought about it.  I guess I'm just a lemming!

Any secondary reasons?

-Turtle
who wants to assure everyone that some of those answers are intended to
be humorous!