[*BCM*] Martin Luther King would like to comment on CM.

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Sun Mar 6 00:01:54 EST 2005

On 2005-03-04T09:18:47-0500, tony siddall wrote:
> I find it helpful, as a bullshit check, to ask whether a group of cars would
> be treated differently if they did what cyclists do.

I agree.

If a line of cyclists filled Broadway in Cambridge at 5pm, driving in
the middle of the lane in both directions, moving at less than 10 mph,
the motorists behind them would get mad, I hope you'll agree with me.

If a line of motorists filled Broadway in Cambridge at 5pm, driving in
the middle of the lane in both directions, moving at less than 10 mph,
as they in fact do, the cyclists behind them often pass on the right.

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
Yesterday I climbed the stair