[*BCM*] NYC [Fwd: A(n important) triviality?]

Anne Wolfe goannego at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 09:20:41 EST 2005

Rush hour traffic isn't a parade.  But if a group of people all decide to go the same route at the same time. (As in they make a consious decision to stay together and start following each other at that time) then it is a parade.  Just happening to all be stuck in cars going the same way (or even stuck behind the parade) is just a waste of fuel.

Chung-chieh Shan <ccshan at post.harvard.edu> wrote:On 2005-03-01T13:53:17-0800, Anne Wolfe wrote:
> I think the ACLU would be loathe to get involved. If 50 people decide
> to go around the same block at the same time, whether in cars, on
> bikes or on foot or on horses, you'd be hard pressed not to call it a
> parade.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly... Is rush-hour traffic
(or even not-so-rush-hour traffic) a parade, then?

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature name=signature.asc

"When the going gets tough, the tough get weird." - R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

goannego.com - for the latest in where she's gone this time