[*BCM*] A Response

lungfish lungfish at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 31 14:30:12 EDT 2005

There is a whole 1/3 of the city that isn't even on most boston metro
maps- westie, rozzie, parts of jp, hyde park, dorchester, parts of
southie.  It seems like the mass mostly neglects those areas.
considering that we ride for about 3 hours at about 5miles and hour, it
would be totally reasonable to just jut off in a random (or not so
random direction) at some point.  I think we stay towards downtown and
cambridge because that's where a lot of people live, and many people
leading either don't want to stray to far from home, lead others too far
from home, or just explore unexplored territory.  Why not hit castle
island next month? Or eastie (if accessable)? Or go down hyde park ave?
Or someone mentioned the L street bike path via mass ave to andrew
square?  These parts both don't see critical mass much (so we should
spread awareness to those areas, right?) and aren't totally congested
like, say, kenmore during a sox game.

I propose a strong push to go where few massers have gone before.