[*BCM*] My turn at rant/counterrant

Anne Wolfe goannego at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 12:18:49 EST 2005

> Anne: You've made your point -- you don't believe that MassBike is a cause worth
> _your_ time and money.  OK.  That's cool.  You really have two options, (a) go
> away and work on your other causes, or (b) embrace MassBike and work to change
> it in ways you believe are better.  Either way, get busy doing it... this
> rightous babbling where you simply criticize each MBiker's claim to the good
> MBike is doing for not being good enough is a waste of all of our time.
>
> With all due respect, either help make MassBike better with positive action, or
> get the hell out of the way.  I'd rather you do the former, as it sounds like
> your passion and your experience would be valuable to MassBike.

As I said before, I did, I was strongly rebuffed, and I took my passion and experience
elsewhere.  I've acheived a lot with my time and while my money was limited, I was
passionate enough that for two straight years I've convinced other people to donate more
money to charity than I took earned in pay (gross, not net).

Because of the very high level of work and time and percentage of my life I donate to
charitable causes, I do get really passionate.  I couldn't support it otherwise.  Which
is why if I see a group that I feel is not really worth other people's time, I speak
right up about it.  A lot of people talk about corporations being beholden to the
shareholders, and how this is a circumstance that can be exploited either for good or
evil (depending on what side of the fence you sit on and what the actual exploitation
is).  Non-profits really are even more accountable, as generally funding is even more
tight.  If you feel your non-profit isn't leading, or acheiving or working hard towards
what you want, speak up, speak loud, and yank your funds.  Either start your own
organization or better yet find one that is supporting what you want.  I've said my piece
on MassBike, and it is out there.  Apart from Turtle's "well, what do YOU want", which I
answered, and Tom's "well, you should read all the links and everything that I sent and
our newsletters for an organization that rebuffed you and your efforts so you left (um,
why? What the hell has changed?) so that you can see that waht you said about us is
exactly what we said in the first place that you didn't like, no one's really
contradicted what I said.  I'm not slamming every MBer.  Thoughts were solicited through
this forum, and I gave them. I never said you had to like them.

=====

"Really feminine, in a take no guff kind of way." - Steve Hurley on yours truly