[*BCM*] Opinions on move by MassBike

Anne Wolfe goannego at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 13:36:06 EST 2005

Personally I would support any group that would start campaining and campaining HARD for the sort of bike lane system they have in Amsterdam so that it would be a lot safer for people to commute by bike, which would in turn inspire more people to do it.  Here in Cambridge, we have some bike lanes, but they occur and often just end in random places, which makes it really hard to make use of them.  The infrequency of them in turn just adds to the public perception that bikes should only be in bike lanes, which seems to make drivers more aggro when they see me out of them.

I hear a lot about Mass Bike campaigns, and in terms of what they *say* I support them, but nothing ever really seems to get acheived, which is why I stopped contributing and instead funnelled the money into stamps to write my local politicos and hound them directly.

Anne

Pete Stidman <pstidman at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey I'm writing a story for Indymedia about this
announcement that MassBike will be opening a Metro
Boston Chapter.

How do people on this list feel about it?

Will they be able to affect change here in Boston?

Can you imagine a different sort of group, one
separate from MassBike?

What kind of group would y'all support??

"Really feminine, in a take no guff kind of way." - Steve Hurley on yours truly