[*BCM*] riding bikes in the snow

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Mon Dec 12 19:25:13 EST 2005

Dimitri wrote:

> I would also recommend spending some time in a snowy/icy parking lot
> to practice your bike handing, avoiding wipeouts, and gracefully bailing
> out when your bike does decide to go south. There is some technique involved but
> it's pretty easy to pick up and much better to do so in a safe surrounding.

It just occured to me that this might be a great subject for a
workshop/class.  MassBike could host it, or maybe one of the freeschool
groups in the Boston area.  The workshop could cover all the important
secrets for comfortable and safe winter commuting along with some
on-bike skills.

Hmmmmm...  If no one else picks up this idea, I might consider
organizing it later on in the winter when everyone has cabin fever and
wants to get outside (late February or early March, maybe).

-Turtle