[*BCM*] riding bikes in the snow

Lee Peters lfpeters at gis.net
Mon Dec 12 13:56:00 EST 2005

I converted my mountain bike to a Shimano Nexus 7-speed mainly to address
the snow clogging my cogs.  I was happy for 12 months or 2000 miles, then
after 14 months, the thing completely busted, requiring a $100 repair in
parts alone.  The warranty was for 12.  Now it is set up as a single speed
freewheel.

Do you hear that Sheldon Brown?  They are cr*p, please don't advise
otherwise.