[*BCM*] Merely thinking out loud...

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Mon Aug 29 18:06:18 EDT 2005

Boston Critical Mass <list at bostoncriticalmass.org> wrote:

> So, if the NYPD is busting CM in NYC for "parading without a permit", what would
> happen if all of the following occurred:
>
> A huge number of cyclists
>  * rode independantly or in pairs around Midtown
>  * obeyed all traffic laws, especially lights
>  * rode neither really slow nor particularly fast

I had suggested this for Boston a few years ago.  A distributed CM, if
you will...

Alternately, how about simply having a set destination?  So when the
police try to call it a parade, the cyclists would have a completely
legit reason for all travelling together.

-Turtle
who always liked it when Boston CM rides went to Buddha's Delight