[*BCM*] A Response

Thomas John Vitolo tjvitolo at bu.edu
Mon Aug 1 10:43:50 EDT 2005

RE riding through South Bay:

My point is that by riding around people who do ride bicycles, we can serve to
(a) increase the size of future masses by being visible to other cyclists, and
(b) remind drivers in those areas that there are cyclists there, thereby doing a
favor to the folks who already do cycle in the neighborhood.

In a sense, its simply a way to recruit more CMers, and to show a sign of
solidarity with the folks in Southie/Dorchester who ride as their (sometimes
only) method of transportation to work.

To be honest, I think a CM ride around the parking lot (come in near Target,
ride past Home Depot and Old Navy, then past Super 88, Stop & Shop, all the way
to Toys R Us, and then back out would be hysterical.  We'd have a huge captive
audience of folks stuck in their cars, and then we could simply ride back out
again onto Southhampton St or onto Mass Ave.

 - stomv