[*BCM*] NYC tries to sue "Critical Mass"

turtle turtle at zworg.com
Sat Oct 30 12:47:41 EDT 2004

The NYPD tried to file a suit against "Critical Mass" in an attempt to
stop people from riding their bikes together on the last Friday of the
Month.  Fortunately, it looks like the judge has at least an ounce of
sense in him/her and refused to hear the case.

I'd like to see a counter protest of car drivers trying to "take over
the city".  And then we could sue them for participating in a parade
without a permit.  Oh, wait.  They already have taken over the city...
Anyone up for a lawsuit against car traffic?  We could claim that Car
and Driver Magazine "fosters and organizes" these unlawful "rush hour"
rides!

http://info.interactivist.net/article.pl?sid=04/10/26/0042213&mode=nested&tid=14&tid=1

-Turtle